Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Do a mitzvah through me #parashattrumah#parashathashavua#devarTorah

 This week’s Torah portion begins with the first tzedakkah campaign in the history of the Jewish people. “Tell the Israelite people to bring Me gifts; you shall accept gifts for Me from every person whose heart so moves him.” (Ex 25:2) Everybody knows the benefit of exercise.  Research has shown that exercise impacts positively both our physical and mental capabilities. But did you know that mitzvah-tzedakah work also help achieves these goals Rabbi Akiva taught: “There are 248 positive Mitzvot in the Torah corresponding to the number of parts in the human body. Each and every part of the body shouts to the person ‘Do a Mitzvah through me; the benefit will be that we will live and you will live a long life.’” (Mechilta, Ki Taytzay 2)

I am participating in Camp Ramah Israel Bike/Hike Ride 2022 in May and am fundraising for the Camp Ramah special needs programs like the Tikvah program at Camp Ramah in New England.   Having worked at Camp for over a dozen years, I know firsthand what invaluable experience camp special needs’ program for campers.  Some of my best experiences at camp were teaching and davening with the Tikvah and Tokhnit Avodah campers.

I am asking for your support for this wonderful cause and make a donation to my fundraising page.  I pledged to raise a minimum of $3000.00.  I donated the first $100.00. I reached my goal! I am encouraged to raise my pledge to $6000.00. All I need is 6 more people to donate $100.00 apiece and I will have easily raised my new goal. Of course, I will gladly and thankfully accept any size donation you can afford. 79 people have already sponsor me including Rabbi Wise and I would also love to reach the goal of having 100 sponsors.
 
Donating through the website below is fast, easy, and totally secure.  It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.  If you wish, you may make a check out to the National Ramah Commission, and send it to the National Ramah Commission, 3080 Broadway, NY, NY 10027 with a notation of your support of my fundraising efforts.
 
If you have already made a donation, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  If you haven’t yet, I hope that your heart will move you to support me by through this website. https://secure.e2rm.com/p2p/fundraising/298479/participant/4655264/en-CA

By hiking for exercise and with your help raising funds for tzedakkah will allow me to live a full, meaningful, and hopefully long life

Shabbat shalom,

No comments:

Post a Comment